Weekly Lottery and Super Draw terms and conditions
The Alzheimer’s Society Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws (previously named as raffles) are licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk) Operating License number: 034971. Promoter: Alzheimer’s Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London, EC3N 2AE
Registered Charity Number 296645 and registered as a company limited by guarantee (with company number 2115499)
Responsible Person: Michael Dent
All profits from the Alzheimer’s Society Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws will be used to fund the Alzheimer’s Society’s vital work.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to both the Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws:
- Your purchase of Alzheimer’s Society Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draw entries is from Alzheimer’s Society (“The Promoter”), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
- You represent and agree that; a) You are 16 years of age or over. b) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 16. c) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, email address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraph 2 a) and b) above. Alzheimer’s Society will conduct spot checks on a number of winners from each draw, whereby winners will be required to prove proof of age by documentation (e.g. copy of passport or driving licence).
- Entry is open to residents of mainland Great Britain only (this excludes Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). Licence holders and Alzheimer’s Society employees directly involved in the running of the lottery are excluded. (List of names available on request).
- You accept that the Alzheimer’s Society Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws are regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances, Alzheimer’s Society may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your entry(s).
- The prizes for the Alzheimer’s Society Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws are printed on the marketing and promotional materials provided and are advertised on the Alzheimer’s Society website (alzheimers.org.uk). There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 30 days of the draw taking place. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per play. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the schemes.
- The Promoter will conduct the weekly lottery draw and Super Draws every Friday. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- The winning numbers will be published on the Alzheimer’s Society website (alzheimers.org.uk) and will be available via the Lottery Helpline from the following working day. 01524 753238 (Mon-Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm).
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery and Super Draw entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
- The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- You may be asked for a quote and photograph for marketing purposes.
- Alzheimer’s Society is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, or entries that reach us after the closing date, or for any delay in bank payments. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
- Prizes will be automatically paid out to the winners by cheque, using the contact details provided. There is no need to contact Alzheimer’s Society
- Alzheimer’s Society is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Alzheimer’s website (www.alheimers.org.uk) or request further information by calling the Lottery Helpline on 01524 753238
- Last year, 20.26% of the proceeds from our Big Win Weekly Lottery and Big Win Super Draws went directly to the cause*. This translated to a fantastic £258,500 to help people affected by dementia. And on top of that, the remaining 80% of the proceeds were re-invested into growing the gaming programme so it can raise even more in the future. *Based on 17/18 Gambling Commission Annual Regulatory Return.
- Alzheimer’s Society operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available via the Alzheimer’s Society website (www.alzheimers.org.uk) or upon request by telephone the Lottery Helpline on 01524 753238
- Alzheimer's Society will keep your data secure. We never sell your personal data and will not share it with other companies unless it is necessary to provide you with information or a service that you have requested from us. We may use your information to contact you in the future about Alzheimer's Society's activities, including fundraising. If you would prefer not to receive communications from us, please let us know by contacting us at Alzheimer's Society, Scott Lodge, Scott Road, Plymouth, PL2 3DU or call us on 0330 333 0804.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to Big Win Super Draws only:
- Players may purchase more than one entry and payment may be made online, over the phone or by post.
- Payment for participation in the Big Win Super Draw can be made by cheque payable to 'Alzheimer's Society', credit or debit card.
- Big Win Super Draw tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment for all tickets for the relevant draw is received.
- Alzheimer's Society accepts no responsibility for Big Win Super Draw tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the lottery to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any payments received after the closing date will be considered as donations to Alzheimer's Society.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. A list of winners will also be published at alzheimers.org.uk/raffle within two weeks of the draw date.
- Where Alzheimer's Society is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following Alzheimer's Society's first attempt to notify the prize-winner, Alzheimer's Society may apply the prize as it sees fit, including by re-offering the prize in future Big Win Super Draws.
- All winners are required to co-operate with Alzheimer's Society's right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
Requests for additional Big Win Super Draw tickets, requests to be removed from future Big Win Super Draw mailings, or any concerns about this Big Win Super Draw should be addressed to:
In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the Super Draw as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Alzheimer's Society will notify entrants of the error.
Names of winners and results of the Super Draw will be available on receipt of a request to:
Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
The Big Win Weekly Lottery TV
By texting WIN to 87080 you are agreeing to us contacting you by phone and SMS to tell you more about our weekly lottery and how you can play to beat dementia.
You will be charged one message at your standard network rate.
To opt out of other future comms, text NOINFO ALZ to 70123.